Bible College SA welcomes many overseas students. However, potential overseas students should be aware of a number of Australian Government requirements and certain protections that are available. Students should consult the Australian government website at www.immi.gov.au/students for full information regarding government requirements.
How To Study At Bible College SA
If you are an overseas student considering studying at the Bible College of South Australia, these are the things you need to know: You will need to demonstrate a proficiency in written and spoken English. This is determined by:
- The completion of High School (eg SACE, VCE, HSC) in English in a number of recognised countries. View Country List
- Or IELTS test (International English Language Testing System). In addition to the entry requirements listed under each award, international applicants whose first language is not English are required to sit an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic Test, unless they have a tertiary qualification taught in English. The scores required for each award are as follows:
- Diplomas: IELTS 6.0 overall with a minimum of 6.0 in each subtest.
- Bachelor degree: IELTS 6.5 overall with a minimum of 6.5 in each subtest.
- Graduate Diploma or Master of Divinity: IELTS 7.0 overall with a minimum of 7.0 in reading and writing, and 6.5 in listening and speaking
What Else You Need To Consider
- No scholarships are available to overseas students.
- You will need to show evidence to the Australian Government that you have access to enough finance to fund your studies.
- As the Bible College of South Australia is an affiliated college of the Australian College of Theology, it is helpful for you to consult the Australian College of Theology International Student Handbook available on their International Student Information page. This Handbook provides regulations and guidelines for international students.
- The Bible College of South Australia's own Overseas Student Handbook can be downloaded by clicking on the highlighted link – it contains information about living in South Australia and studying at Bible College SA.
- Overseas students are required to arrange health cover whilst studying in Australia. Full information on this and living costs in Australia can be found here.
- Information about applying for a student visa can be obtained on the following website is: http://www.immi.gov.au/students/students/chooser/
If you want to apply to study at Bible College SA, these are the steps you must take:
- An interested candidate must first complete and return to the College a completed preliminary application prior to submitting their Full-time Application form.
- On receiving a response from the College; you will be asked to complete a Full-time Application form which requires referees and a statement of available funds; a Certified Copy of a Certificate of an IELTS test (if you have not already gained a tertiary award in an English-speaking country), and copies of any degrees which you have already gained.
- Once your application has been approved, you will receive an Overseas Student Written Agreement which you will need to sign and return to the College.
- Upon receipt of the signed copy of the Overseas Student Written Agreement the College will then forward to you an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment.
- You will need your Confirmation of Enrolment to apply for your visa application.
- This Application process may take up to 4-5 months.
CRICOS Course Codes
Bible College SA is an Affiliated College with the Australian College of Theology (Cricos Provider 02650E).
The following are the Australian College of Theology CRICOS Course Codes for the various courses available to Overseas Students at Bible College SA:
Diploma of Theology [054649A]
Diploma of Ministry [054659K]
Advanced Diploma of Ministry [054667K]
Advanced Diploma of Theology [054663C]
Associate Degree of Theology [054716F]
Bachelor of Christian Studies [0544682M]
Bachelor of Ministry [054670D]
Bachelor of Ministry (Honours) [054673A]
Bachelor of Theology [054676J]
Bachelor of Theology (Honours) [054679F]
Graduate Certificate of Christian Studies [076016G]
Graduate Certificate of Divinity [076017G]
Graduate Diploma of Christian Studies [054691K]
Graduate Diploma of Divinity [054685G]
Master of Arts (Christian Studies) [054694G]
Master of Divinity [054688E]